- 1½ oz. Bacardi Light Rum
- 3-4 each of fresh blackberries,
- blueberries and red raspberries
- 8-12 fresh mint leaves
- juice of one lime
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- soda water
- mint sprig for garnish
- In a 12-oz. highball glass, muddle mint, simple syrup, wild berries and lime juice
- Fill glass with crushed ice, then add rum
- Stir well until the ice is reduced by 1/3, then top w/ more crushed ice, stirring until glass begins to frost
- Spritz w/ soda water and stir one last time to incorporate
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint that has been dusted with powdered sugar and two long straws
*To muddle the mint against the bottom of the glass, use just enough pressure to release oils from the mint without tearing it. The back surface of a wooden spoon can serve as muddler as well.
*Use a lime squeezer to fully extract the lime's juice.
*To make simple syrup, dissolve an equal amount of granulated sugar in boiling water and then allow syrup to cool. Store in a clean bottle in a cool place.